Portland Cured-in-Place Piping
How Does Cured-in-Place-Piping Work?
With cured-in-place-piping (CIPP) property owners can say goodbye to costly and time-consuming pipe repairs. CIPP is a simple and effective solution for aging or damaged sewer lines that does not require digging. If it sounds too good to be true, it is not. Below you will find the steps we take to perform this method of repair.
For CIPP, we:
- Clear and clean your current pipes, to ensure there are no obstructions.
- Inspect your current piping with our video technology to locate problem areas.
- Fit a flexible liner to the portion of your piping that needs attention.
- Completely coat the liner in a resin that, once hardened, will essentially create a new, durable pipe inside of your existing one.
- Slip the coated liner into your pipe.
- Insert what is called a calibration tube, which will press the coated liner against the inside of your pipe.
- Fill the calibration tube with with hot water, which cures the resin.
- Remove the liner, and then re-inspect the pipe to ensure we have fixed the issue.
If your sewer lines need repairs, find out if CIPP could be the right solution. Contact us today to have one of our experienced team members consult with you about this beneficial method of repair.
Connect with us online or call (971) 803-5240.
The Advantages of CIPP
The primary advantage of CIPP is that we do not have to excavate your damaged pipes. This is why we refer to it as a form of “trenchless” repair. That we do not have to do any substantial underground construction work on your property has a host of benefits. One of the most significant advantages of CIPP is that it leaves your property intact, cutting down on messes, damage, and any necessary recovery work after the service.
Another great advantage of CIPP is its cost effectiveness. As a trenchless solution, it follows that this technique requires less time and labor, reducing the costs that come with either of those things. CIPP also allows our team to cut down on material expenses, while still delivering results that last. This technology has proven it can stay strong for up to 50 years, making it well worth the investment.
What Problems can CIPP Address?
While CIPP cannot solve every problem, it is a great solution in most cases.
CIPP can address problems with pipes that are:
- Corroded: Both low pH and high oxygen levels can corrode pipes and make them susceptible to leaks and bursting. CIPP mitigates any problems with the weakened pipe by inserting what is essentially a completely new pipe inside of it.
- Ruptured: Tree roots frequently rupture sewer and water lines, but CIPP can effectively replace these damaged pipes, mitigating any current and future issues.
- Aging: CIPP can provide you with a complete line replacement without the hassle of excavation.
If you want to capture the advantages of this repair technique, contact our team. Through a thorough examination of your piping, we can determine whether CIPP is right for your property.
Schedule an appointment with us today by calling (971) 803-5240 or connecting with us online.
“My wife and I were very happy with our experience with Sewer Renewal Specialists.”Brad S.